Intermediate 1 (Part 3)



Complete the following sentences with suitable words:
  1. Why do you want to visit there? It's such a d_ _ _. It must be one of the ugliest towns in the country.
  2. I think Italy has the lowest birth r _ _ _ in the whole of Europe. So many parents just have one child. 
  3. Rich? They are one of the w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ families in Madrid. They own properties all over Spain.
  4. I doubt that was a very w_ _ _ decision. I think he risks losing all his money.
  5. Most footballers aren't good r _ _ _ m_ _ _ _ _ for children though sport stars are usually a good example for them.
  6. You should get r _ _  of these clothes if you never wear them.
  7. I wish you wouldn't be so m _ _ _ _. Go and tidy up your room.
  8. I got these shoes for half price. Did you find any b_ _ _ _ _ _ _ in the sale?
  9. She is English but she was b_ _ _ _ _ _ up in France. She went back to England as an adult.
  10. Someone must have seen the accident but the police can find no w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
  11. We should clear out the attic. It's full of j _ _ _ - half of the stuff can be thrown away.
  12. How could you have lost your b _ _ _ _ _ _ _ p _ _ _? They won't let you on the plane without it.

Comments

José said…
Hello again Graham:

1.-DIRT
2.-RATE
3.-WEALTHIEST
4.-WISE
5.-I DON'T KNOW
6.-RID
7.-MESSY
8.-BARGAIN
9.-BROUGHT
10.-WITNESSES
11.-JUNK
12.-BOARDING PASS

I am at the end of my tether.

You have a good time on your holiday.
Graham said…
Hi José,

How can a civil servant be at the end of his tether? Maybe because of boredom but certainly not because of stress. LOL

1. DUMP
2 RATE
3 WEALTHIEST
4 WISE
5 ROLE MODELS
6 RID
7 MESSY
8 BARGAIN
9 BROUGHT
10 WITNESSES
11 JUNK
12 BOARDING PASS

José said…
Hi Graham,

Several weeks ago, I was looking for a book in my bookcase and one book fell in my head. It injured my head. I went to Community Health Centre and they healed me. When I came back home, my granddaughter asked me about that book. I told her it was “A very brief history of time” by Stephen Hawking, but this book was not already. It was surprise.

Another day, I was walking and I bumped into a friend. We stopped in the shop window of bookshop and we saw the same book. I just entered and asked about that book but the shop assistant told me that they never did have that book. I went away and my friend was not there.

I commute by underground and one day I saw a beautiful woman reading the book. When she got off, I followed her, but when I was near her I checked that she was not the same woman and she didn’t take the book.

Last week I went to the doctor and he told me that I saw hallucinations. He sent me to the psychiatrist. I was upset and I went to claim. I told the health inspection I was concerned about saying the doctor. The clerk told me that this was a bookshop. It seems that it was yesterday when I bought that book. (It´s cryptic).

See you.
Roberto said…
It´s a good idea for a mistery movie...("for" or "to"?).
Graham said…
Hi José,

You did tell me what it all meant but my memory doesn't serve me well. My IQ isn't high enough to work it all out.

Anyway,


Several weeks ago, I was looking for a book in my bookcase and one book fell on my head. It injured my head. I went to the Community Health Centre and they cured me. ... I told her it was “A very brief history of time” by Stephen Hawking, but this book was not there now. It was a surprise

.... I just entered and asked about it but the shop assistant told me that they never did have that book. I left and my friend was not there.

.... When she got off, I followed her, but when I was near her I realized that she was not the same woman and she didn’t take the book.

Last week I went to the doctor and he told me that I saw hallucinations. He sent me to the psychiatrist. I was upset and I went to complain. I told the health inspector I was concerned about what the doctor was saying. The clerk told me that this was a bookshop. It seems as if it were yesterday when I bought that book. (It´s cryptic).


Graham said…
Hi Roberto,

How's the course going?

It's a good idea for a mystery movie.
José said…
Hi everyone,

The title of movie could be: “The life moments”.

See you.



Graham said…
Really it should be called Life's moments! :-)