FCE Twitter Vocabulary

Below are ten tweets that contain words and expressions that have come up in class.











Use words or expressions (in correct form) from the tweets to complete the following sentences:
  1. There is  a ___ of clothes on the chair. I don't know what's clean and what needs washed.
  2. You must be ___ . Why don't I make dinner while you put your feet up?
  3. I don't ___ where it is. Let's stop and ask someone.
  4. I'm a bit ___. I've tried switching it off and one again but it still doesn't work. Can you show me how to do it?
  5. I find writing reports a real ___ but it's part of my job.
  6. A: Can you tidy up the living room?   B: It's not my turn and I do more than my ___ anyway.
  7. He used to be an easy going type of guy but he's ___ a grumpy old man.
  8. I'm glad you find it ___. I don't see the funny side at all.
  9. He'll be fine. He's a ___ boy. I don't think you have any need to worry.
  10. A: How about going out for a few drinks?   B: I'd love to but I should be ___ my studies. I have an exam next week.


Comments

Hi! It's Ana
The answers are the following:

1. heap of
2. worn out
3. have a clue
4. puzzled
5. chore
6. housework
7. turning into
8. amusing
9. sensible
10.getting on with

See you on Tuesday!
Unknown said…
Hi!! It`s Silvia,
I find the activity very interesting to get on with the vocabulary.
But... in the second sentence the answer could be "worn out" and "tired", isn´t?
Graham said…
Hi Ana and Silvia,

Here are the answers:

1. heap of
2. worn out
3. have a clue
4. puzzled
5. chore
6. do more than my fair share
7. turning into
8. amusing
9. sensible
10. getting on with


Worn out is extremely tired / exhausted.

Well done!