First Day Questions


Hi! My name's Graham. Nice to meet you.

Where are you from?
I'm from the Scotland. Have you ever been?

No, never but I'd love to go.
I'm from a town called Inverness.

Haven't heard of it.
It's next to Loch Ness.

Ah, ok. I've heard of that. How often do you go home?
Twice a year.

Do you miss it?
Sometimes.

How long have you lived in Madrid?
For 9 years.

Wow! A long time. So you must speak Spanish fluently.
It should be much better than it is.

What do you like about Madrid?
The lifestyle, I guess.

What do you do for a living?
I'm an English teacher.

How long have you been doing that?
Since 1994. I started teaching in Italy. I used to live in Rome.

Really? How long did you live there?
For seven and a half years and then I came to Madrid.

Do you like teaching?
It has its ups and downs. I'd like to combine it with something else.

What would you like to do?
I'm not sure. Something where I could use my Spanish.

What do you do in your spare time?
I like reading and eating out. I'm going to try to get out of Madrid more.

Now write an imaginary interview with yourself. You are meeting someone for the first time, so the usual questions ...

Comments