Module 1 Vocab

Complete the following sentences with a word in the correct form. All are taken from module 1.
  1. Sorry, I couldn't help o.......... your conversation. Are you from Scotland too?
  2. The shopping centre is h... , it's easy to get lost there.
  3. I like getting away from t... to t... (n.. and a....) ; it helps me relax.
  4. Aznar is a f..... prime minister of Spain.
  5. Have you seen Almodovar's l..... film?
  6. I'm really surprised that they have s.... u.. I thought they were happy together.
  7. I used to l...... going to piano lessons as a child but my sister loved going.
  8. I think it is o......... how the city hall is wasting our money on such things.
  9. I wouldn't say he's a friend, he's more of an a.......... really.
  10. I don't want you to get into t...... with your boss because of me.
  11. We've been together for twenty years and never even had a r.....
  12. I hope she g... o.... the flu soon; we need her here in the office.
  13. OK, that's me finished. I'm o.. See you tomorrow.
  14. Sorry to b....... you but I really need your help.
  15. I really must be g...... o.. with my work. I have a lot of things to finish.
  16. Have you ever g.. s.... in a lift? It must be frightening.

Comments

Unknown said…
1. overhearing
2. huge
3. time time ? ?
4. former
5. latest
6.
7.
8. offensive
9.
10. trouble
11.
12. go out
13. off
14. bother
15. getting on
16. get stuck

so far so good?

see you tomorrow
Graham said…
The solutions are the same as the ones in the crossword in class. But just in case you didn't do it, here are the correct answers:

1. overhearing
2. huge
3. from time to time/now and again
4. former
5. latest
6. split up
7. loathe
8. outrageous
9. acquaintance
10.trouble
11.row
12.gets over
13.off
14.bother
15.getting on
16.got stuck


I'll create other similar puzzles if people do them. See module 2.