Module 1 Vocab

Complete the following sentences with a word in the correct form.
  1. I absolutely hate doing h......... ; especially the ironing.
  2. A: How was the j...... to work this morning? B: Ok, there wasn't so much traffic today.
  3. He didn't w.... any time and he finished the job early.
  4. I usually h... o.. with my friends at the weekend. We watch a movie or just chat.
  5. We have r.. o.. o. milk. Can you buy some from the shop downstairs?
  6. I often go for a drink with my c......... when we leave the office.
  7. K... in t..... PS Send my love to Anne.
  8. I'm l..... w...... I am only 75kg this month. Last month I was almost 80.
  9. Just d... me a l... when you know the date and time of the next meeting.
  10. I like my s.......... She has been married to my father for 10 years now.
  11. I have written 10 e-mails s. f.. today; I only have another two to do.
  12. The v... m....... of people were against the Iraq war.
  13. I've got a s... head. Do you have any aspirin?
  14. I pay an equal s.... of the bills with my flatmate.
  15. He normally wears a s.... suit but today he's wearing jeans and a pullover.

Comments

Hilde said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Montse said…
Hi Graham. More and more I have trouble going back to work(it must be by the age), but now I’m looking forward to next Thursday because my daughter and I are going to London for the first time. We’ll be there until Sunday 22th. I hope we have a good time.

I revised the first module but I didn’t find the answer to the 9 question.
1. I absolutely hate doing housework ; especially the ironing.
2. A: How was the journey to work this morning? B: Ok, there wasn't so much traffic today.
3. He didn't waste any time and he finished the job early.
4. I usually hang out with my friends at the weekend. We watch a movie or just chat.
5. We have run out of milk. Can you buy some from the shop downstairs?
6. I often go for a drink with my colleague when we leave the office.
7. Keep in Couch. PS Send my love to Anne.
8. I'm losing weight. I am only 75kg this month. Last month I was almost 80.
9. Just d... me a l... when you know the date and time of the next meeting.
10. I like my stepmother. She has been married to my father for 10 years now.
11. I have written 10 e-mails so far today; I only have another two to do.
12. The vast majority of people were against the Iraq war.
13. I've got a sore head. Do you have any aspirin?
14. I pay an equal share of the bills with my flatmate.
15. He normally wears a smart suit but today he's wearing jeans and a pullover.
Vanessa said…
Hi Graham,

This post is very interesting to remember the vocabulary. I think the answers are:

1. HOUSEWORK
2. JOURNEY
3. WASTE
4. HANG OUT
5. RUN OUT ON
6. COLLEAGUE
7. KEEP IN TOUCH
8. LOSING WEIGHT
9.
10. STEPMOTHER
11. SO FAR
12.
13. SICK
14.
15. SMART

I don`t know three question. I don`t get guess them...

I hope you have a great day. See you tomorrow.

Bye
Graham said…
Hi Vanessa,

I created these exercises for the previous version of Cutting Edge. The vocabulary / grammar is more or less the same.


5. run out of (petrol, money, time, beer...)

9. drop me a line = write me an email

12. the vast majority of.... = almost all...

13. sore (adj) = it hurts

14. an equal share = the same amount as everyone else


Well done!