Module 1 Right or Wrong?

Are the following sentences right or wrong? Correct them if needed.
  1. A: How do you do? B: I'm fine thanks. And you?
  2. A: How are things with you? B: Great! I've got a new job.
  3. A: What means this word? B: I don't know.
  4. I'm quite good at cooking.
  5. My wife spends too much time to chat on the phone.
  6. He is working there until he finds a better job.
  7. It's getting cold in here. Close the window.
  8. Maria isn't coming to class today. She's got a cold.
  9. Are you usually finishing work late on Friday?
  10. A: I don't like shopping. B: Me too.
  11. A: Has your sister dark hair too? B: No, she hasn't.
  12. Neither of us have lunch at home.
  13. How do you write your surname?
  14. My father is really into football. He reads the sports pages every day.
  15. The Spanish work an average of 35 hours per week.

Comments

Hilde said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Montse said…
Hi Graham. I hope you’d enjoyed your holidays at home. Following your advice I’ve done this exercise
1. A: How are you? B: I'm fine thanks. And you?
2. A: How are things with you? B: Great! I've got a new job.
3. A: What does this word mean? B: I don't know.
4. I'm quite good at cooking.
5. My wife spends too much time chatting on the phone.
6. He is working there until he finds a better job.
7. It's getting cold here. Close the window.
8. Maria isn't coming to class today. She's got a cold.
9. Do you usually finish work late on Friday?
10. A: I don't like shopping. B: Neither do I.
11. A: Does your sister have dark hair too? B: No, she doesn’t.
12. None of us have lunch at home.
13. How do you write your surname?
14. My father is really into football. He reads the sports pages every day.
15. The Spanish people work an average of 35 hours a week.
Graham said…
Hi Montse,

I had a nice, if quiet time, with my Mam and Dad.

And the return to work wasn't so painful.

How about you?


7. It's getting cold IN here. Close the window.

10. A: I don't like shopping. B: Neither do I. OR me niether.

12. NEITHER of us have lunch at home. (neither = 2 people, none = more than 2)

13. How do you SPELL your surname?

15. Spanish people/ THE SPANISH work an average of 35 hours a week.

You can work your way through the modules as you study them in class.

ah and your new teacher's accent isn't so difficult to understand. You'll soon get used to it.